– 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
– 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
– 1 bell pepper, diced
– 1/2 cup diced red onion
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 teaspoon ground cumin
– 1 teaspoon chili powder
– Salt and pepper to taste
– 8 small whole wheat tortillas
– 1 cup enchilada sauce
– 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or dairy-free alternative)
– Fresh cilantro for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) and grease a baking dish with olive oil.
2. In a skillet, sauté the sweet potatoes, black beans, bell pepper, red onion, and minced garlic over medium heat until the sweet potatoes are tender.
3. Stir in ground cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
4. Warm the tortillas according to the package instructions to make them pliable.
5. Spoon the sweet potato and black bean mixture onto each tortilla, roll it up, and place it in the prepared baking dish.
6. Pour the enchilada sauce over the rolled tortillas, spreading it evenly.
7. Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese on top.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the enchiladas are heated through and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
9. Remove from the oven, let cool for a few.